Sadly neglected the ol’ blog/gallery effort. So here’s a shot of the Far Horizon DRV I did for Zozer Games Far Horizon Adventure.
One of the vessels from the Mindjammer RPG. The Manowar is one of the Commonality of Humankind’s big capital warships. Sentient, alive and ancient. I kind of went for Cuttlefish/nautoloid like things, did a few doodles and after one thing and another here she is.
Unused this image is, in fact done after the book was finished, I’ve done a vector export of the lines and shaded it a bit, I think it needs some work there…
Over the past few months I have been involved a super project which was producing the art for Sara Newton’s Mindjammer RPG Second edition. It’s been a fun ride and the final result (almost) looks amazing. Very proud of it and still keep reminding myself, that I help to do it, I find it hard to believe. I created the ship designs and deckplans, very proud of how the Mindjammer ship turned out. I also do the gear images and the various sheets that the game uses.
Reads great too and I look forward to playing it.
From the Mindjammer Press page:-
‘Mindjammer – The Roleplaying Game is the second edition of the ENnie Award-winning transhuman science-fiction setting by Sarah Newton, published by Mindjammer Press and distributed by Modiphius Entertainment (Achtung! Cthulhu; Mutant Chronicles; Cogs, Cake and Swordsticks). It’s a complete standalone game rewritten from the ground up for the Fate Core rules, containing all the rules needed to play, including:
- full rules for starships, organisations, and culture operations
- detailed character cultures, genotypes, and occupations — play a sentient starship!
- new and innovative rules for describing planets, star systems, and alien life
- deep background material on the New Commonality of Humankind
- rules for the Mindscape and virtual worlds
- starmaps and planet descriptions, histories and background
- hyper-advanced equipment, weaponry, enhancements, starships, and more.
Grab your blaster, thoughtcast your commands to the starship sentience, and engage the planing engines – the transhuman adventure is just beginning!’
So chuffed with this cover and looks great with Steffon Worthington’s graphics. (http://www.stygianfox.com/)